During this challenging time when our lives are impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, our church services are cancelled, and our building is closed. All this is in line with guidance from the Church of Scotland.
Our Ministry Team, our church community, and our sister church Flemington Hallside, are still very much active communicating with the community via social media. Services of worship are being streamed at 10.30.a.m. on Sunday mornings on Facebook.
The First Minister announced on Thursday 9th July, 2020, that Churches can now open for Worship provided the guidelines are followed. A group has been set up to prepare for the opening of our Church Buildings. We will update everyone on our progress by the Website and Facebook.
We recognise that many in our community may now be isolated and perhaps feeling alone. We believe as a Christian community, that you are precious in God’s sight and in this testing time if you would find it helpful to talk to a member of our Ministry Team, we invite you to be in touch with the church office.
Church office: 0141-642-9271
Church email: ku.gro.hcruhchsirapgnalsubmacnull@eciffo
Please check our Facebook page for the most up to date information.
- Tuesday Services will not be taking place until further notice.
- Choir practices will not take place until further notice
- The Girl’s Brigade will not take place until further notice
- The Officers of the 229th BB Company have advised that having received the advice from BB headquarters all sections are suspended with immediate effect until further notice.
- Parents and Toddlers meetings will not take place until further notice
- The Neighbourly have advised that tomorrow’s meeting has been cancelled. Also that the planned outing on the 10th June had been cancelled.
- The CPC Pipe Band will not take place until further notice
- The 150th Glasgow Scouts will not be running any more face to face meetings until further notice. Emails will be sent by section leaders tonight.
- The 138th Glasgow Scouts are suspended until further notice.
- All Rainbows, Brownies and Guides have suspended their meetings until further notice
We are looking into streaming church services online to mitigate disruption to your worship.
Please remember those who are isolated and feeling lonely even before COVID-19 brought us to where we are. More so now than ever before it is a time to look out for each other, keep in contact and be aware of the welfare of each other. Remember a phone call can really help someone.
We will, of course, update you as necessary, based on directions from the government, health officials and the Church of Scotland if things change.
The following is advice from the NHS:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean