CAMBUSLANG PARISH CHURCH
Sunday 23rd January 2022 at 10.30 am
Welcome to Sunday worship
Probationer assistant Minister, Mr Darren Jalland
and Mrs Karen Hamilton, our Deacon
Welcome and Call to Worship
Hymn: CH4 352: O worship the King all glorious above
Prayer of Approach and Confession
Time with the children
Hymn: MP 151 For I’m building a people of power
Bible Reading: Nehemiah 8:1-3, 5-6, 8-10 Susan Young
Instrumental music – music from ‘The Good Shepherd’
Hymn: CH4 157: Sing of the Lord’s goodness
(during which the offering is brought to the Table)
Prayers of Thanksgiving, Intercession
Hymn: CH4 352: O for a thousand tongues to sing
Church Family News
While our Minister is on leave of absence, Presbytery has appointed an Interim Moderator, Rev Derek Hughes, to look after us. Derek can be contacted at ku.gro.dnaltocsfohcruhcnull@sehguHD or 07723 578573
Please note, the e-mail address for our new Session Clerk, Scott Hamilton, is: ku.gro.hcruhchsirapgnalsubmacnull@krelcnoisses
Following the lifting of restrictions……
- The Girls’ Brigade will resume at the following times on Monday 24th Jan
- Explorers 6.30pm-7.30pm; Brigaders 7pm-8.15pm. Older girls should wear face masks.
- Choir rehearsals will begin On Monday 24th Jan at 7.30pm.
- The Fellowship Team will meet in the Morriston Room on Tuesday 25th Jan at 7.30pm
- The Neighbourly will resume on Wednesday 26th January at 2.15 pm in the Small Hall, for ‘An Afternoon With Robert Burns’. All welcome.
- Members of the Worship Team will meet on Thursday 27/1/2022 at 7:30 pm in the Morriston Room. The team discuss support to the ministry team and all aspects of worship in Cambuslang Parish Church, and are always happy to receive questions or comment from individuals. Lorna Morrison -Convener
- Good times ahead! We are hopeful that the following events will go ahead in the coming months. Please make a note in your diary for:
- A musical evening with the Arietta Choir on the 23rd April
- A church plant sale on the 14th May
- Church family ceilidh on the 21st May
- Please note that tea and coffee after worship will begin again on Sunday 30th January. Yipee!
- The Ministry Team are available for any pastoral matter and are happy to chat. If you know of someone who is ill or in hospital, please contact the Ministry team to let them know.
Darren and Karen’s contact details are on the back of the order of service sheet.
- Hilary will be delighted to receive news/intimations for the Order of Service. Please send them to moc.liamgnull@llaguodcmnyralih 0141 641 8574
Minister: The Rev Peter W Nimmo 0141 586 2126 ku.gro.dnaltocsfohcruhcnull@ommiNP
Please note, Rev Nimmo is currently on leave of absence.
Church Office: 0141 642 9271
Session Clerk: Scott Hamilton
Scottish Charity Number: SC000061